Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for Justice

I could have turned this into a thought-provoking post about current events and how to act in the interest of justice for all. I am definitely interested in those things.

Yet, if you hadn't figured it out before, you surely know by now. I'm kind of a crazy cat lady. My goal was to have enough cats that neighborhood kids would cross the street on their way home from school to avoid me. I would sit on my porch and yell "hey you kids! Get off my lawn!"

Then, much to my delight, I met Hubs. I think true Crazy Cat Ladies are single, so I'm good for a long time.

For this month's A-Z challenge, I'm introducing my boys in alphabetical order, not favoritism. Having said that, though, Justice is my buddy. He's my shadow, or as Hubs call him, my "appendage." If Justice and I are in the same place at the same time, chances are good he's on me somehow. He's on my lap, laying across my feet, or riding around while I carry him from place to place. Listen, he asks for that. He stands next to me on his back feet, stretches his furry little arms up my leg, and gives a pathetic mew. He just loves his momma.

I met Justice in Oklahoma, where he lived with his first momma, Cindy. Her sister had found him in an alley, wet and pathetic. Cindy's a sucker for a cutie too, and took Justice in. He was teeny and all out of proportion with giant ears. While she was in Peru getting ready to move there, Hubs and I stayed at her place and kept an eye on her cats. Justice found me in the bathroom in the middle of the night and climbed up on my lap. Realizing I wasn't Cindy, he freaked out and jumped. I vaguely remember scratches and cursing "that damn cat" under my breath. At 3 am. In an unfamiliar place.

Justice preparing his signature attack-gopher move in 2002
Fast forward a few months and Cindy couldn't take Justice (and his brother Tanner) to Peru with her, so she asked if I would. At the time, we already had two cats, Magic and Jasper. There was no way I wanted 4. We agreed to help find the cats homes and drove them from Oklahoma City to Denver without cat carriers the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Note to self: never do that again. Justice squooshed himself under the front passenger seat the entire time, whereas his brother was much more social. He'll get his turn to shine with his silliness in a few days, though.

Once we got them home, Justice hid in the basement. I kept trying to find homes for them, and people kept telling me it sounded like Tanner was a keeper, but no one wanted a bitty anti-social kitty like Justice.

Hubs was having none of the "let's find them loving homes elsewhere" conversations and both cats kneaded their way into our lives, winning over Magic and Jasper as well.

Now, of course, I wouldn't trade any of our kitties for anything. Magic and Jasper crossed the rainbow bridge years ago and while I know it'll happen someday for everyone, our house is happily full of furry boys, even though they sometimes end up in the pool.

I take more pictures of the cats than anything else. They're just so dang cute!

Justice is unbothered by our friends' daughters' stuff, but wants to be close anyway.
Who doesn't love a good roll in the sink?!
Justice is always a bit of a loner, while being close to the action.

He'll sleep through anything.
As much as he doesn't like to, he can swim. Whew!

~~~~~~~~~~
I am participating in the Blogging from A-Z challenge for April 2012. Today's post is for the letter J.

Click the badge below for more info: