Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Optimism: (sort of) a book review

I consider myself an optimist. Actually, I sort of dislike being categorized, but bear with me here.

I've always been a "glass half full" "silver lining" kind of person, at least since that ex-boyfriend in high school told me he was tired of my negativity.

It may not surprise you, then, to learn I am a fan of Michael J. Fox. Besides loving Back to the Future (how is that movie nearly 30 years old?!) and watching it every time I pass it while channel surfing, I happen to think Fox is a pretty neat guy. Plus my little brother reminds me of Alex P. Keaton. Sigh ;-)

Anyway, one of the things I like best about Fox is his incurable optimism. His books are realistic and he recognizes he is a very lucky man. I like his combination of self-deprecation, humility, optimism, reality, and candor.

Shop independent bookstores

Shop independent bookstores
Today's song is by the incredible OneRepublic (filmed in Boulder county, by the way). Yes, I've seen them in concert multiple times. And this song is appropriate as I finish packing.



~~~~~~~~~~
I am participating in the Blogging from A-Z challenge for April 2012. Today's post is for the letter O.

Click the badge below for more info: